First trip on a plane
21 November, 2006 1 Comment
Matthew has now had his first trip on a plane. Here’s the good, the bad and the ugly of the weekend…
- The little man didn’t seem to mind the plane at all – some drinking on the up and down obviously helped and he even managed some sleep in the cruise.
- In more first time family greets Matthew met Aunty Sarah from Perth and was very happy to do so!
- The wedding of Steve and Jane in the Catlins went off without a hitch. Nice ceremony, good speeches and a superb buffet.
The Bad and the Ugly
- South Otago weather. Brrr. Cold and wet. Luckily there was a wet option for the wedding which included a large open fire.
- A lack of baby friendly facilities at both restaurants we visited. A big thumbs down to the Rosebank Lodge in Balclutha and Lumberjack Bar & Cafe in Owaka.
- Air New Zealand leaving two bags in Wellington and us having to chase them up all afternoon to get a straight answer on if and when they would be delivered. The lack of apology by baggage staff at Dunedin airport didn’t help either.
Despite the bad and the ugly the weekend was a success overall and proved to us that it’s not impossible to travel with an infant!
Since arriving home we’ve moved Matthew into his cot, which looks way to big for him, but the bassinet is getting a little small. This has resulted in many houdini acts – he can get out of his bedding within minutes!
He’s also taken a liking to talking to himself… (click to play or download mp3)